Cash award for school leaving children
Dated : June 23, 2006
Subject : Revised scheme for grant of cash award to meritorious children of 10th/12th Standard of officers and staff of the Department.
The Governing Body constituted to administer the Customs and Central Excise Performance Award Fund has reviewed the existing scheme for grant of one time cash award, at 10th and 12th standard Board Examination, to the Children of Departmental officers and staff circulated vide this Directorate letter F. No. 712/213/2004-DPO (WF) dated 27.12.2004 and dated 22.02.2005. The details of the revised cash award scheme effective from academic year 2005-06 i.e. Board Examination 2006 are as follows:
(A) For the children of all officials excluding Group ‘D’ but including children of deceased officers/staff
Note : If the number of candidates exceeds the sanctioned number of cash awards, the amount available will be distributed equally to all eligible candidates.
(B) For children of Group – D staff including children of deceased Group ‘D’ staff :
2. The jurisdictional Commissioner/Director should forward a list of eligible children in the enclosed proforma recommended by the Advisory Committee of the respective Commissionerate along with an attested photocopy of mark sheet so as to reach this Directorate latest by 31st August 2006.
3. In the case of children of deceased officers, the jurisdictional Commissioner to forward the application will be the one from whose office the deceased officer’s family is drawing the pension or in whose jurisdiction the family is residing.
4. In the past this office had received claims after distribution of awards from various places that applications sent by them had not been considered. This happened due to non-receipt of applications in this office. To avoid such incidents claims of applications not received in the Directorate but sent by the Commissionerates before the closing date the following procedure may be followed :
5. Your are requested to give wide publicity to the aforementioned scheme amongst officer and staff under your jurisdictions including those on deputation to other organization.
6. Please note that applications/nominations received after due date or incomplete in any respect will not be entertained without making any reference to the concerned commissionerate.
(Application for cash award for children of 10th & 12th Board Exam.) To be submitted through Advisory Committee of the Commissionerate,
Check list for Commissioner
1. Whether recommendations of Advisory Committee attached :
2. Whether sent by Speed Post/Regd. Post :